Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

App Slam




Description: Earth Viewer shows what the continents and oceans looked like 250 million years ago.  It also allows you to explore what the climate was like back when our planet formed. 

Plan to Use:  I think this would be a great extension app for the timeline of life that we learn about in 1-3 classroom.  Students study the different eras and the periods leading up to man.  When they go to upper elementary 4-6th grade they will learn about the timeline of man.  Earth viewer would give students a real visual of how the earth and the oceans looked during the different eras.  I would really like to try this. 

SAMR - I think this app falls into the augmentation on the SAMR model.  It would act as a tool substitute with functional improvement.  This app would still provide the timeline in a different format with additional information.  This would gives student the opportunity to see what the continents and oceans looked like at different times, which the timeline of life can't provide.






1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I bet the kids would love an interactive way to explore this - I know it was always difficult for me to grasp the layers of the earth and I think that being able to manipulate it and see it in many different ways would have helped. What a great cherry on top that it's free!

    ReplyDelete