Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Purpose of the Five Great Lessons Explained: March 10-16

For my 20% project I was looking for some great resources for teaching the 5 Great lessons.  This website gave a great background, but does not give any of the experiements that are suppose to go along with each great lesson. Since my 20% project was to learn how to use Montessori materials, that I do not know.  I thought I would look for some resources and videos to help teach the 5 great lessons.  However, I am finding that so much of the Montessori lessons are taught orally and handed down from a Master teacher to the teacher trainee.  There is a lack of  videos for the Great lessons.  
 
NAMC Montessori Teacher Training Blog: Montessori Elementary Curriculum: The Purpose of the Five Great Lessons Explained

Then I stumbled upon this great blog by another Montessori teacher.  She lists all the experiments for each of the great lessons. She has broken it down into followup lessons, language cards,  journal suggestions and even extensions for upper elementary, since the five great lessons are taught each year.  Even though I have not heard the first great lesson and I am expected to teach the second great lesson after spring break.  Hopefully, with this new resource I have a starting point on how to teach the second great lesson.  Wish me luck! 

http://missbarbara.net/timelineoflife.html

No comments:

Post a Comment